Hiring a contractor is a big decision and it’s important to do your research before making a choice. In order to make the right choice, you need to ask the right questions. Here are 7 questions to ask your contractor that most owners do not ask, and how we deliver.
1) Do you run your project audit ready?
The majority of contractors use their own system thus creating disparate documentation with missing, unchecked data. To have your project audit ready it needs three things; 1) complete comprehensive documentation, 2) an audit method to ensure data is correct, and 3) organized digital records.
MySmartPlans delivers an audit-ready project through our Digital Information Librarians (DILs). Every project is assigned a designated DIL who compiles documents from emails, disparate systems, and site-sharing locations and integrates a complete capture of all project documentation.
The DIL audits every piece of documentation for mistakes and missing linked documents. This process is missing from every project management application, since these applications are just repositories. The MySmartPlans team takes the risk out of projects by ensuring documentation is correct throughout the project.
Lastly, your MySmartPlans DIL ensures correct naming methods and organizes all documentation via our centralized dashboard. No more confusion about where a file is located, searching for a misnamed file, or tracking down documents that should be easily accessible.
2) Can you notify me at the end of the day of all the changes?
MySmartPlans sends an email alert, including updates or changes about documentation for the day. We keep teams on task, updated, and communicating.
3) Do you build the closeout from day one, what is the timeline for the turnover of all training videos?
Every piece of project data is captured by the MySmartPlans team and stored on the integrated dashboard and on our secure server for the final closeout. This capture of complete documentation creates a closeout dashboard that is turned over on the day of closeout. Your project DIL tracks down all additional closeout documentation such as training videos, O&M Manuals, As-Builts, warranties, etc. Data compiled in our easy-to-use closeout dashboard creates the true digital twin for facilities management. We guarantee accessible, searchable documentation for 50+ years after closeout.
4) Who manages all the documentation?
As the owner or shareholder, the last thing you want is for the contractor to have complete control over documentation. Those who control documentation control the project. Our teams have been asked countless times to change meeting minutes, we have tracked unnecessary change orders and we caught million-dollar mistakes that save projects budgets.
MySmartPlans becomes your gatekeeper of project documentation. We manage, collect, and upload the data into a centralized dashboard where it is easily accessed by all stakeholders. We ensure collaboration, communication, and transparency on your project.
5) How many data silos should I expect?
A common problem with software-only management systems is the creation of data silos. Disparate systems are used by each party on the project, making it impossible to ensure full documentation. We eliminate data silos by consolidating complete project information into an integrated digital platform. Our dashboard is accessible to all stakeholders, making it simple to share information and collaborate.
6) Do I have access to the Planholders list?
MySmartPlans displays the Planholders list of all the users that have access to documentation. No more hearing “Well I didn’t get that information”, because we track who has access and when they logged on. The Planholders list also creates a simple way to communicate through phone or email with anyone on the project.
7) How can you insure that daily inspections are occurring?
MySmartPlans provides real-time updates of documentation and notifications of documents, such as daily inspections. This way, our clients can be certain that the project is moving forward correctly every day of the building process.
The MySmartPlans Value
We create immeasurable value in projects by increasing ROI, reducing schedule and budget overages, and eliminating construction litigation. Our customers find the most important value in our project management software plus Digital Information Librarian pairing.
- Audit-readiness: MySmartPlans ensures that all project documentation is complete, accurate, and organized. Our clients avoid costly delays and disputes during the construction process.
- Real-time updates: MySmartPlans provides real-time updates on project progress and documentation. This keeps all stakeholders informed and up-to-date on the project.
- Communication: MySmartPlans provides a centralized platform for communication between all stakeholders on a project. This improves collaboration, which drives a more successful project.
- Data security: MySmartPlans uses industry-leading security measures to protect project data. This ensures that project data is safe and secure.
MySmartPlans creates trust, complete documentation, increased knowledge, and communication in the construction industry.
Build with certainty and have the answer to every question on your project!