Thom Kurmel is the President at TDK Consulting, LLC with over 35 years of experience in construction, design, planning, and management focusing on health systems.
– The Construction industry is old-fashioned and proud. Design and construction need to work and collaborate together.
– These construction contracts are a business relationship; you should want to share and solve problems together. But that can’t be done if people hide information.
– Everyone comes from a different place on a project, and some people are really experienced and sometimes people aren’t. The industry needs to bring inexperienced people from a defensive stance to an offensive one and not act as if they know what they are doing.
– People manage the requirement, by getting good information and keeping people apprised throughout the project, and putting it to use.
– The documents the owners end up with are often incomplete or useless.