You have got to be kidding me! NOPE here is a list of the top 10 “reasons” the gatekeepers for large projects, have said no to organized document delivery.
10. We don’t care; it is what it is. – General Contractor
9. Wait, you are telling me we can’t change documents? – General Contractor
8. We like the chaos; it makes us money. – General Contractor
7. We have 20 attorneys on staff, our contracts will protect us. – General Contractor
6. We are the architect; we have no power. – Architectural firm
5. We don’t want the owner to have the as-builts and warranties, this gives us control – General Contractor
4. We trust the GC to handle this! – Owners Group
3. We bank on the change orders; this will hold the budget – Owners Rep
2. We have been friends for 10 years, they will always do the right thing, – Airport Project
1. YOU WILL PISS OFF THE MOFIA IF WE BROUGHT YOU IN ON THIS PROJECT – Airport Project
We have heard all the excuses. Out of the mouths of fear, inability to have hard conversations, focused on the project ending, and suffering through the nightmare of an unorganized document library.
Which one do you see yourself as? Where do you place your excuses? Are you part of the problem or the Solution?
#Build to defend!